business support in downtown York
Downtown Inc, in collaboration with many partners, works to revitalize and encourage investment in downtown York, PA through the strategic recruitment of viable businesses to complement the existing makeup of our downtown.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies: Once you’ve found your space, made your renovations and have opened your doors for business – Downtown Inc will coordinate a ribbon cutting ceremony for you to officially welcome you to downtown York.
- Social Media: 15,000+ Facebook fans; 3,000+ e-news recipients; and 4,000+ followers on Twitter – we can get your message out quickly and efficiently to a large audience of Downtown York devotees.
- Downtown York Magazine: A tri-annual publication that promotes everything downtown York has to offer. Make sure you’re listed (for free!), or really get noticed by placing an ad. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request Destination Guides or for more information regarding placing an ad.
- Events: First Fridays, walking tours, annual festivals and more – we’re working to bring more people downtown and right into your business.
- Cooperative Advertising Opportunities: Downtown Inc subsidizes advertising packages so you can get lower rates and still get exposure.
- Competitive First Friday Grant Funding: For merchants who wish to participate in First Friday, up to $1000 per month. Funds may be used for activities, entertainment, refreshments, promotional giveaways, or other items that would enhance the overall First Friday experience for downtown visitors.
- To schedule a ribbon cutting for your business, fill out the Ribbon Cutting Form.
- Educational Workshops: Downtown Inc provides educational workshops free of charge for small businesses located in York's Business Improvement District.
- Retail and Office Safety Tips: Crime prevention involves everyone. This document outlines specific steps for you to take in keeping your business and employees safe.
- Warning Signs: Because we are so close to our business, sometimes it's hard to see a problem developing. This document outlines some situations that some business owners may overlook, and where you can turn for assistance with these issues.
- Business Emergency Phone Contact Form: Complete this form and return it to the County of York's Department of Emergency Services so that in the event of an emergency, the proper officials will be able to contact you.