EVERYONE is invited to attend First Friday in Downtown York, presented byWellSpan Health!
First Friday is a celebration of Downtown shops, restaurants, cultural venues, and nightlife hotspots. From 5:00PM - 9:00PM, downtown shops and restaurants host special events, offer refreshments & promotions, and sponsor live entertainment.
Who’s out on North Beaver Street?
- Walk A Mile in Her Shoes will be ending on North Beaver Street, and they will continue the party after to celebrate! Join them for kids’ activities, dancing coordinated by White Rose Credit Union and the Law Office of Sandra Thompson, and more! Find out more information about this event at: @YWCA York Walk A Mile In Her Shoes
Who’s out on South Beaver Street?
- Stop by the Downtown York, PA table to get some useful information regarding the city!
- Not One More - York Chapter will be giving out information and talking with event attendees.
- Check out On My Grind Coffee, they specialize in gourmet coffee and espresso drinks, tea, flavored coffee ice cream floats, smoothies and tasty baked goods! They provide our customers with affordable, unique and delicious products made from the finest ingredients including fair trade, organic coffee beans.
- Edible Arrangements will be set up with chocolate covered fruit samples!
- YWCA York will be promoting their Girls on the Run Program and their GOTR Celebratory 5K on December 2nd!
- The Chavez-Freed Law Office will be giving away candy, and will be doing a drawing so don’t forget to enter!
- Gusa By Victoria will have a selection of their handmade clothing items and jewelry pieces, from their WeCo shop!
- Artist Vincent Schaffer will be set-up, and showcasing his unique oil paintings ranging from realism to abstraction.
- Greater York Dance will be set-up to answer any questions and give more info about upcoming opportunities!
York Presenting Sponsor, WellSpan Health, Activity
Join WellSpan Center to learn about symptoms of stroke and visit with our OB/GYN residents to talk about women’s health.
First Friday Activities in the Market District
Appell Center for the Performing Arts (50 North George Street)
Join them in the Capitol Theatre, at 7:00PM, for the CapFilm FREE First Friday Family Film: “Brave”, sponsored by OSS. Admission is Free!
Elks Lodge #213 - York, PA (223 North George Street)
Start at the Elks for drinks and appetizers including wings! Then stay for dinner or come back later for LIVE music with The BEAVER ST Band playing an extensive list of your favorite R&B, Soul Funk & Rock songs from 7:00PM – 11:00PM.
Non-members staying for the band – enter the door prize drawing for a $25 Lodge Gift Certificate- good for food & drinks.
Dinner is available from 5:00PM – 9:00PM. $10 cover for the band. Ring the buzzer at the front door to be admitted. See you at the Lodge!
In celebration of Art-Ober, one of “On the Fly’s” finest Sandwich Artists, Jardon Orr, put together this tasty creation: The Southwest Quesadilla - Diced chicken breast dusted in our own southwest seasoning, our house made corn and black bean salsa, cheddar and pepper jack cheeses all smashed into a Chile cheddar wrap and toasted. On the fly will also have live music form Michael Arthur and Cindy David from 6:00PM – 8:00PM.
Esaan Thai Restaurant of York, PA (30 North Beaver Street)
Try one of their First Friday specials or simply enjoy your favorite Thai dish! Follow with authentic house-made gelato. Reservations recommended. BYOB.
Smyser-Bair House / Historic York Inn (30 South Beaver Street)
Join the proprietors of The Historic York Inn / Smyser-Bair House as the popular Lit and Art Reading Series presents an evening of live music, literary readings, original artwork, free snacks, drinks, tours of the mansion, and fun! Featured readers will include Rafael Alvarez, CL Bledsoe, Bill Hughes, and Eric D. Goodman, and live music will be performed by Limestone Connection (Jason Tinny and Holly Morse-Ellington).
Cherie Anne Designs (48 West Philadelphia Street)
Cherie Anne Designs will be offering 10% off fall tea blends, complimentary hot tea tasting, and free take home tea samples for all new customers. They will also have live music and beer tasting in the Courtyard Café!
Goodridge Freedom Center (123 East Philadelphia Street)
York's 19th Century railcar manufacturer David Etter Small explains how William C. Goodridge and his Reliance Line potentially hired Small's firm to create boxcars for transporting numerous Freedom Seekers from York to Philadelphia. Terrence Downs portrays Small, giving a narrative story of fears aiding this effort when 1850's York was becoming suspect for slave traffic advancing through its region to points North, and Small & Goodridge as colleagues in business and networking as neighbors. The house will be open for tours from 4 PM to 8 PM. Talks by David Etter Small will be at 5:15 PM and 6:30 PM
First Friday Activities in the Royal Square District
OMG Studios (57 East King Street)
OMG it's their birthday! Please help them celebrate their one year anniversary with Art, food, and drink! Enter to win an original piece of art from one of the OMG artists.
Studio 117 York (117 South Duke Street)
Studio 117, Inclusive Arts Movement York, and Wine Guy Artistic E will be having an artist contest and wine tasting event, with live music by Jacob Rivers. Stop by and vote for your favorite pieces of art, and try samples of local wines!
Share your First Friday stories on social media with the hashtag #FFYork!
downtown Inc Events 2017