EVERYONE is invited to attend First Friday in Downtown York, presented by WellSpan Health!
First Friday is a celebration of Downtown shops, restaurants, cultural venues, and nightlife hotspots. From 5:00PM - 9:00PM, downtown shops and restaurants host special events, offer refreshments & promotions, and sponsor live entertainment.
Who’s out on Beaver Street?
- Don’t miss Animal Rescue, Inc. - a for-life animal sanctuary located in New Freedom, Pa! They’ll have information about their rescue, as well as articles on humane treatment of animals. Say hi to one of their adoptable pets, who will hopefully find their new home!
- Check out OrangeMite Studios - an educational Shakespeare performance company from Dover! They will be promoting their upcoming 2017 season, and their Youth summer camp!
- Stop by Members 1st Federal Credit Union's booth, they’ll be giving out credit union information, and fun prizes!
- Edible Arrangements will be set up with samples, and a raffle to win free arrangements!
- Not One More - York Chapter will be giving out information and talking with event attendees
- YWCA York will be promoting their upcoming YWCA’s Race Against Racism with a selfie station, hair chalking and extensions!
- Come say hi to the York City Derby Dames, and learn more about their team and the upcoming season!
- Gospel Connections LLC will be doing pop-up dance performances through-out the city, one of them being outside of Fosters Flowers on Beaver Street!
- York College of Pennsylvania Student Senate will be holding a college game night that will include games such as corn hole, can jam, water pong, flip cup, and others, all played with water! We will also have give-aways, some crafts for kids, and other fun activities planned! Our campus a cappella group, Rhaposdy, will be preforming at 6:30PM. We are also partnering with College Against Cancer, who will have a table set up to promote York's Relay for Life this April. They will be selling T-Shirts, luminaria bags, and helping people get signed up for Relay. We also encourage people to visit the top floor of MarketView Arts between 5 and 6pm for free food, mocktails and to join us for Shabbat blessings! Come check out all of the fun we have planned on Beaver Street!
Downtown Beer Tasting
• Baron Von Schwein
• York City Pretzel Company
• World Grills
• Nuts About Granola
• SMALL STAR Art House
• Bair’s Fried Chicken
• HIVE Artspace
• Redeux Marketplace
#FFYork Presenting Sponsor, WellSpan Health, Activity
Welcome spring with WellSpan Sports Medicine and get ready for York Revolution’s opening day. Take a picture with the Revs’ very own DownTown!
The Market District
Elks Lodge #213 - York, PA (223 North George Street)
Put on your dancing shoes for LIVE music with Reminisce Band playing your favorite Motown and oldies from 8:00PM – 12:00AM. $10 cover. Dinner is available from 5:00PM – 9:00PM. Ring the buzzer at the front door to be admitted. Non-members can enter a drawing for a $25 Lodge Gift Certificate.
My Girlfriend's Wardrobe (41 West Market Street)
Come check out great Summer pieces that have just arrived on consignment!
Isaac’s Restaurants (54 West Market Street)
Stop by and check out the new location, and enjoy live music from 6:00PM – 8:00PM, by Michael Arthur and Cindy David!
Creative York (10 North Beaver Street)
Tap into your creativity with springtime nature printing! Experiment and get creative with the elements of nature. Create your own nature print with leaves, rocks, flowers, and watercolor. Plus we will be having a Community Storytelling party - come help us write some stories! Light refreshments will be provided.
The Watchmaker's Daughter (22 North Beaver Street)
Its spring cleaning time and we are going to unveil our special 50% off case! Stop by and see what kind of deals you can find!
Esaan Thai Restaurant of York, PA (30 North Beaver Street)
Stop in to try one of our specials for First Friday or simply enjoy your favorite Thai dish! Follow with authentic house-made gelato. Reservations recommended. BYOB.
Sweet Melissa's Dream (38 North Beaver Street)
At Sweet Melissa's Dream we are tapping into Spring with new Spring fashions and Deb Carman, a Master Gardener from Penn State York, who will set up an exciting and educational exhibit that features some native insects and plants. Come learn a little about our local environment and enjoy shopping local.
Kimmans (57 North Beaver Street)
Count the number of eggs in the window and be entered to win a $100 gift certificate. First Friday and Saturday, April 8 only!
Creative York West (118 West Philadelphia Street)
Join us for the opening reception for "A Three Man Show - The Artistry of Mark, Zach & Cody Bluett." The exhibit includes hand crafted stringed instruments, landscape paintings & funny, punny PreZoodents!
Goodridge Freedom Center (123 East Philadelphia Street)
The William C Goodridge Freedom Center presents Lenwood Sloan to enlighten the public about the Pennsylvania Underground Railroad sites. Sloan will first greet the public and conduct tours at the Goodridge Freedom Center located on 123 E. Philadelphia St. in York, PA between 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. on First Friday, April 7.
Following the tours, Mr. Sloan will guide groups across Philadelphia St. to the First Moravian Church, located on 39 N. Duke St., for his Underground Railroad presentation at 6:00 pm. The admission fee is $5 and tickets can be found through the Goodridge Freedom Center Facebook page @GoodridgeFreedomCenter.
Sloan will recreate history by appearing as 19th Century African-American historic figure, T. Morris Chester, who served as a war correspondent, lawyer and soldier. After living in Liberia and Europe he settled in Louisiana where he practiced law, served as superintendent of schools and became president of a railroad company. After becoming ill he returned to Harrisburg, where he died in the home of his mother on Chestnut Street.
Sloan currently works in Harrisburg and has served as a Pennsylvania Film Commissioner, Director of Cultural and Heritage Initiatives for the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development. His cultural and heritage portfolio include the development of interagency programs including the Pennsylvania Civil War Trails and the Pennsylvania “Quest for Freedom.”
This event in April is part of the Goodridge Freedom Center’s ongoing First Fridays program. Alert: for this event only, the Goodridge Freedom Center will close at 6:00 to attend Mr. Sloan’s presentation. For more information, contact Carol Kauffman at the Crispus Attucks Association, 717-848-3610 ext 230.
Art and Framing Warehouse (147 West Philadelphia Street)
Spring Into Savings with a free $25 coupon towards custom picture framing. Gift Certificates available.
Royal Square District
Redeux (113 South Duke Street)
Our newest handmade vendor, Spooky Cutes, will be launching with one of a kind, handmade in the heart of the Royal Square, ridiculously cute plush creations. Perfect for any Easter basket!!
The Easter Bunny is coming to Redeux in the heart of the Royal Square! The bunny will be hanging out with us from 6-8 so bring your kids for a free photo op and he will have candy for the kids until he runs out!
We are also having an adult easter egg hunt. Now, don't think all crazy!! We will have eggs placed throughout the store throughout First Friday hours. Eggs will contain prizes of Oliver & Co candles & totes as well as $5 Redeux gift cards. And who knows...we may have a few additional special eggs around the store from other #iloveyorkcity shops and galleries.
Beer sampling will be back at Redeux for April as well Details to come on what our brewer has in store...
World Grills (29 East Market Street)
We're offering fresh, traditional & variety Asian fusion food. 💝 Stop in to try our hot noodle bowl , your choice of 5 different Thai authentic broths. Many vegan & vegetarian options will be available as always. BYOB. Beer sampling available as well.
OMG Studios (57 East King Street)
Spring is in the air at OMG STUDIOS. Take a trip into the woods of Mt Gretna with Kara and Cheryl or step into Italy with the start of a new series by Carol. Festive Board will take your tastebuds for a ride with their delectable treats.
HIVE artspace (126 East King Street)
The opening reception for "The Beauty of Decay," a group exhibit of artwork examining the beautiful - and often heartbreaking - ways that time etches itself onto the objects, places, and organisms of this world. Free pin featuring artwork from the exhibit for the first 25 guests. Light refreshments will be provided.
WeCo York PA
Gusa By Victoria (252 West Philadelphia Street)
Stop by Gusa By Victoria to sample Kenyan Beer from different parts of Africa, showcasing the international flair to be found within our walls. Cupcakes with afrocentric themed images will be available too! A taste of Africa at Gusa!!
LifePath Christian Ministries / York Economy Store (283 West Market Street)
Easter / New Life theme, featuring live music and one to two musicians on the sidewalk weather permitting. Featuring 50% off everything sale between the hours of 5:00PM - 8:00PM, except for items marked NFD (no further discount). We will have light refreshments for our customers.
Roosevelt Tavern (50 North Penn Street)
All Day Long In The PUB: $5 poached mussel pots, $2 off crab cake sandwich, $2 pork slider, and $2 Miller Lite Pints.
Share your First Friday stories on social media with the hashtag #FFYork!
downtown Inc Events 2017