EVERYONE is invited to attend First Friday in Downtown York, presented byWellSpan Health!
First Friday is a celebration of Downtown shops, restaurants, cultural venues, and nightlife hotspots. From 5:00PM - 9:00PM, downtown shops and restaurants host special events, offer refreshments & promotions, and sponsor live entertainment.
Who’s out on Beaver Street?
- Greater York Dance will hold a "Talent Search" where they will seek the most talented individuals in York and give them the opportunity to perform in the Hip Nut production and the Appell Center for the Arts!
- Stop by the Downtown York, PA table to get some useful information regarding the city!
- Not One More - York Chapter will be giving out information and talking with event attendees.
- Check out On My Grind Coffee, they specialize in gourmet coffee and espresso drinks, tea, flavored coffee ice cream floats, smoothies and tasty baked goods! They provide our customers with affordable, unique and delicious products made from the finest ingredients including fair trade, organic coffee beans.
- YWCA York will be out to promote their annual Walk A Mile In Her Shoes event, happening Friday, October 6!
- EPIC A Michael Allen Salon will be promoting their hair salon and products that they sell. Stop by for a complimentary consultation and enter to win a raffle item!
- Bath Fitter, Kitchen Saver, and Homespire Windows and Doors will be discussing home improvements in the bath room, kitchen and exterior home!
- The York County Federation of Democratic Women will be celebrating September First Friday donning our best takes on Rosie the Riveter in honor of Fashion Friday and Labor Day. Look for our Rosies with clipboard in hand doing Voter Registration. Stop by and take a picture at our Rosie Photo board!
- Style your Day By Sandy Kay will be helping ladies update their wardrobe with High Fashion Jewelry & accessories!
- LuLaRoe Janelle Jones will have a pop up boutique featuring unique and vintage inspired dresses, skirts, and tops for all sizes and tastes!
- St. Mary's Thrift Shop will be set up with a unique mix of thrift sale clothing and accessories.
York Presenting Sponsor, WellSpan Health, Activity
Join WellSpan Center for Mind/Body Health for massages and aromatherapy, and don’t miss WellSpan’s food and nutrition team with healthy samples and recipes. If you’re looking for a book to end the summer, come learn about our Summer Read: Farmcology.
First Friday Activities in the Market District #FF
Appell Center for the Performing Arts (50 North George Street)
The CapFilm FREE First Friday Family Film for September will be Cinderella (1950). The showing is sponsored by OSS Health and will take place in the Capitol Theatre. The film is rated G and will be started at 7:00 PM. Admission is FREE.
Elks Lodge #213 - York, PA (223 North George Street)
Start at the Elks for drinks and appetizers including wings! Then stay for dinner or come back later for LIVE music with Reminisce Band playing your favorite Motown and oldies from 7:00PM – 11:00PM. Non-members staying for the band – enter the door prize drawing for a $25 Lodge Gift Certificate- good for food & drinks. Dinner is available from 5:00PM – 9:00PM. $10 cover for the band. Ring the buzzer at the front door to be admitted. See you at the Lodge!
Isaac’s Restaurants (78-98 West Market Street)
We are featuring Art Watcher and Cindy David from 630 to 830 pm and for Boutique week we are featuring the “Isaac’s Mizrahi Couture Rueben”-Toasted pump, Dijon Mustard, 1000 island, Melted Pepper jack, Corn beef, Sauerkraut, slaw and tomatoes. It is really tasty and don’t ya love the name….
Sandwich will be available all week!
Lele B's Boutique (13 South Beaver Street)
To celebrate the start of York City Boutique Week, we'll have chair massages by Desiree vanWicklen, $1/minute. 30% off sale on select items, including our full figure line. Be sure to also check out our new fall line!
The Bee. gathering with purpose (24 North Beaver Street)
Meet the Makers: visit The Bee studio to see our fall collection and meet the women behind the designs and construction of our refashioned looks.
Revolt Style Studio (26 North Beaver Street)
Revolt Style Studio will be kicking off our 3rd Boutique Week by featuring our ever changing selection of curated vintage clothing, locally handmade accessories, & upcycled goods.
Esaan Thai Restaurant of York, PA (30 North Beaver Street)
Stop in to try one of our specials for First Friday or simply enjoy your favorite Thai dish! Follow with authentic house-made gelato. Reservations recommended. BYOB.
Ewe and Me Yarn Shop (36 North Beaver Street)
Fall means fiber fun! Join Ewe and Me for September's First Friday, Fashion Friday. Wear something you have handcrafted and receive 15% off your purchase (excludes consignment items).
Sweet Melissa's Dream (38 North Beaver Street)
Join us for a Trunk Show with jewelry artist Lori Campbell of LoMo Studio. Unique handcrafted jewelry inspired by nature. First Friday chocolate tastings, live models in the window and lots more happening stop in and check it out!
Cherie Anne Designs (48 West Philadelphia Street)
Cherie Anne Designs will be offering two free tea samples for all new customers! We will be featuring new handmade garments and accessories for fall. Live music in the courtyard, too!
Arthur & Daughters (49 North Beaver Street)
Join us for a West Oak Design Trunk Show to celebrate York City Boutique Week!
Art & Framing Warehouse (147 West Philadelphia Street)
Stop in browse original art by local artists and collectible framed prints. Check out our Groupon specials!
Goodridge Freedom Center (123 East Philadelphia Street)
The Goodridge Freedom Center will host two sessions of 30 min. historical presentation and 15 min discussions by Lancaster preservation advocate Randolph Harris, at 5:30PM and 6:30PM. Learn about recent actions in the field of historic preservation and community development where historic properties have been saved, some lost and some still threatened.
First Friday Activities in the Royal Square District
Taste Test: A Pop Up Restaurant Series (101 South Duke Street)
Maiwand Kabob will be doing a pop-up from 11:00AM – 9:00PM. Find more info at: Taste Test Auditions: Maiwand Kabob
Taste Test Restaurant & Bar (105 South Duke Street)
Infusion Indian Kitchen open 11:00AM – 9:00PM, bar until midnight
HOLLA Spirits Takeover- special drinks and live music by Soji
First Friday Activities in WeCo York PA
Gusa By Victoria (252 West Philadelphia Street)
Celebrate the start of York City Boutique Week with 20% of all clothing items!
Cornerstone Ice Cream Shop (101 North Newberry Street)
Bring your receipt from our York Economy Store for one free scoop of ice cream!
Share your First Friday stories on social media with the hashtag #FFYork!
downtown Inc Events 2019