employment with Downtown Inc
Job Title: Project Administrator
Position Accountable To: Chief Operating Officer
Hours: Full-time, salaried *may require time outside of regular business hours
Position Description: The Project Administrator oversees projects and provides administrative support relating to Downtown Inc’s urban landscapes and public safety initiatives, including efforts to improve the overall economic health of the City of York through enhancements to downtown placemaking, connectivity, and sustainability. The PA will work on projects ranging from a security camera program and advancement of the rail trail to public art management and bicycle-pedestrian improvements. This position also manages Downtown Inc’s part-time Clean-Up Crew.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a self-motivated, strategic thinker, with an attention to detail and capacity for creative problem solving. Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills are critical. High energy, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work both independently and as a team player are vital. The candidate should also be willing to grow with this position, as they expand their capacity to manage complex projects and envision creative solutions to urban planning issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop scopes of work relating to focus areas (infrastructure, transportation, public safety, cleanliness) and pre-established priorities
- Fully and clearly define goals, costs, deliverables
- Develop realistic timelines with metrics and benchmarks for success
- Facilitate working relationships between essential project partners/collaborators
- Conduct research on potential funding sources
- Pursue potential funding opportunities
- Research government-sponsored technical assistance and incentive funding programs
- Facilitate application and reporting processes for all potential funding sources
- Meeting management, including scheduling, preparation, agendas, minutes
- Management of stakeholder database, calendars, project updates
- Oversee the part-time Clean Up Crew
- Compile and analyze data, produce reports
- Professionally represent Downtown Inc at events, on committees and generally throughout the community.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, project management, business or a related field.
- Professional or volunteer experience in one or more of the following: urban planning, economic development, facilities management, public administration, and/or the Main Street approach.
- Grant writing experience with public agencies and private foundations
- Project management including budgets and pro-formas
- Proficiency with MS Office platforms
- GIS, cartography, and/or quantitative analysis skills desirable but not required.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to successfully interact in a diverse community
- Able to function effectively and independent of direct-supervision.
- Detail, deadline, and goal oriented.
- Able to handle sensitive issues and information with diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to attend meetings and events outside of regular business hours as needed.
- Ability to travel throughout the business improvement district on a regular basis to visit project sites and communicate with stakeholders.
- Health Insurance (100% of employee’s costs; family members can be added at additional cost)
- Paid vacation (starting at 10 days per year, accrued bi-weekly)
- Five personal days per year (accrued bi-weekly)
- Nine paid holidays per year
- Free parking
- Eligibility for workers compensation insurance
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and the names/contact information for three references in one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Administrator” in the subject line.
This position will remain open until filled. All resumes received by July 21 will receive full consideration.
Downtown Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Downtown Inc accepts interns for the Fall and Spring semesters, as well as summer breaks.
development intern - summer 2017
Downtown Inc is seeking a current college student, current graduate student, or recent college graduate who is interested in serving as an intern and providing a wide range of database, administrative, marketing and general support to Downtown Inc development team. In return, Downtown Inc will provide an opportunity for the intern to gain experience in database management and familiarity with areas such as fundraising, philanthropy, Downtown development, and the day-to-day operations of a nonprofit organization.
The Development Intern will report to the Chief Marketing and Development Officer and will maintain donor records, acknowledge donations, and prepare correspondence regarding the organization and its programs.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and one page writing sample by email to email@example.com (please put “Development Intern” in the subject line). The position is available for immediate hire. Candidates are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible. No phone calls, please.
Business Development/Marketing Intern
Position Objective: To provide support to the Downtown Inc Small Business Liaison.
Examples of projects include, but are not limited to: maintenance of the downtown businesses directory, social media promotion of downtown retailers and restaurants, ribbon cutting press releases, communication of events and initiatives with merchants, and assistance with planning and coordination of workshops for merchants.
public relations/marketing intern
Position Objective: To effectively and properly communicate Downtown Inc initiatives. Examples of projects include, but are not limited to: press releases, e-newsletters, social media outreach and printed pieces for the organization.
Interested? Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.