Go Green In the city
Thank you for your interest in being a part of this year's 10th Annual Go Green in the City event, sponsored by White Rose Credit Union! Go Green in the City is a fun, family-friendly festival, celebrating green, healthy and local living.
On Saturday, April 21 from 10AM-3PM join us in Downtown York PA in the block between N. Beaver Street, N. Pershing Avenue, W. Clarke Avenue and the surrounding areas. The interactive street fair will include 50+ vendors, live music, live animals, food, kids' activities, art and much more!
In the past, Go Green in the City has drawn in crowds of over 6,500 attendees. This crowd includes families with children, baby boomers, young professionals, etc.
- Vendor applications due - Monday, March 5
- Notification of acceptance / Invoices sent out - Wednesday, March 7
- Invoices due / Final vendor info sent out - Friday, April 13
- Event date - Saturday, April 21
What we're looking for
- Vendors who provide an educational or instructional demonstration or hands-on activity
- Artisans with an emphasis on natural/repurposed materials
- Green-conscious businesses
- Locally-sourced food vendors
- Non-profits focused on healthy/green living
- Kids' activities
- We will not be accepting vendors such as Scentsy, LuLaRoe, etc.
Vendor Fees & Applications
- Sponsoring Vendor - $200 - Apply Here
- Educational/Artisan Vendor (10'x10' booth) - $100 ($75 if provide activity) - Apply Here
- Non-Profit Vendor (10'x10' booth) - $50 - Apply Here
- Food Vendor - $100 - Apply Here
- Market/Beaver Street Vendor (Central/Penn markets apply) (10'x10' booth) - $50 - Apply Here
Once accepted, all vendors must email or mail a certificate of insurance naming 'Downtown Inc.' as an additional insured.
- Special Events Permit
ALL food vendors must fill out a Special Events Permit through the City of York. Permits must be filled out and submitted to the City, along with payment, at least one week before the event. Failure to do so may result in removal from the event. You can download the form here. Please direct any questions to Tamika Rascoe, Health and Sanitation Officer: (717) 845-2124 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vendor Fees
All vendor fees will be collected online using a Square invoice, which will be sent to your email upon acceptance. All vendor fees will be due on or before Friday, April 13. If invoices are not paid on time, this may result in removal from the event.
- Booth Spaces
All vendor booth spaces will be 10'x10', with an exception for food truck vendors. We ask that all vendors provide their own tents, tables, chairs, etc. If you will be bringing a tent, please bring items such as tent weights, water jugs, etc to weight down your tent in case of wind. Tents will not be required.
Please keep in mind that weather such as rain, wind, etc is possible the day of the event! Go Green in the City will continue rain or shine, and all vendors are required to be present. Please prepare accordingly. Even though we cannot control the weather, our team will do our best to keep things organized and running smooth either way!
Electricity will not be available for all vendors, so please make sure to list if you need electricity on your vendor application!
Internet access will not be available due to the event being outdoors, please prepare to have another way to collect payments, etc. (Using data, cash, etc)
- Additional Vendor Information
On Friday, April 13, all accepted vendors will receive additional information such as an event schedule, loading/unloading information, day-of contacts, event map, etc.
This event is sponsored by:
Additional Questions? Please email Stacy McClain, Marketing & Events Coordinator of Downtown Inc.