Application Deadline March 3
Job Title: Manager of Business Services
Position Accountable To: CEO
Hours: Full-time, salaried *may require time outside of regular business hours
The Manager of Business Services oversees the organization’s day-to-day business recruitment, retention, and expansion strategy, with an emphasis on providing technical assistance and support to existing businesses within the business improvement district. They serve as a key point of contact and resource for downtown York’s business community. The manager works directly with the CEO to facilitate meetings of Downtown Inc’s Business Recruitment and Economic Development committees and leverage the collective impact of Downtown Inc’s public-private partnerships.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for working directly with business owners, real estate brokers, developers, government officials, and other partners to maintain a positive climate for downtown business growth. They will thrive on problem solving and consensus building that leads to more businesses locating downtown, remaining open, and expanding. They will demonstrate energy, self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and as a team player. They will be happiest out of the office, talking directly with our business community, and responding to their concerns. They will also be open to growing professionally as this position plays an increasingly important role in the coming years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a point of contact for downtown York’s business community.
- Work with city and county officials and the private sector to coordinate business recruitment, retention, and expansion activities, and to address any concerns from the business community.
- Provide technical assistance to businesses related to codes, permits, inspections, HARB, and other municipal regulations related to opening, operating, and expanding businesses.
- Assist the CEO with convening and facilitating meetings of the Economic Development and Business Recruitment committees and track implementation of the committees’ priorities.
- Plan and host periodic educational workshops and other events intended to assist downtown York’s business community.
- Plan and host ribbon cuttings (30+ per year) and Merchant of the Month celebrations (12 per year).
- Provide assistance to our three existing micro-districts: WeCo, Market District, and Royal Square.
- Assist the CEO with the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of Downtown Inc’s economic development strategy.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, entrepreneurship, marketing, or a related field and/or 2-4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following: business management, downtown revitalization, business recruitment, commercial real estate, sales, public relations, public administration, economic development, and/or the Main Street approach.
- Fluency in Spanish desirable but not required.
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and consensus-building skills.
- Confidence in public speaking and professional writing in a variety of settings and audiences.
- Able to function effectively and independent of direct-supervision.
- Detail, deadline, and goal oriented.
- Able to handle sensitive issues and information with diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to attend meetings and events outside of regular business hours as needed.
- Ability to travel throughout the business improvement district on a regular basis, visiting multiple businesses each day.
Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and the names/contact information for three references in one PDF file to email@example.com with “Manager of Business Services” in the subject line.
This position will remain open until filled. All resumes received by March 3 will receive full consideration.
Downtown Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.