open your downtown business
Are you thinking about starting or expanding your own business? Are you considering downtown York as a potential location? We’d love to talk to you about your ideas to see how we can help.
Whether you’re looking for available office or retail space, financial resources, assistance with your business plan; or have questions regarding permits, zoning or codes – Downtown Inc will help you get started, and help you grow.
City of York – Savvy City Start Up Packet: Your official guide to starting and growing a business in the City of York.
City of York – York Business Academy: A series of eight educational workshops designed to offer new and existing small business owners an educational opportunity that will increase your overall business acumen and improve the likelihood of success.
- Entrepreneurial Support Alliance: A one stop shop for entrepreneurial resources.
- Susquehanna SCORE: Helping people make decisions about starting or growing a business and improving their probability of success.
- City of York – Fresh Foods Fund: A revolving loan fund established to assist the development of new and existing food-related enterprises
- Community First Fund: Providing a variety of loan products, free one-on-one counseling and classes to meet the needs of prospective and current entrepreneurs.
- Small Business Administration: Programs and resources to help you start, grow and succeed.
- York County Community Foundation: A public charity that supports our community through grant awards to support projects in certain areas.
- York County Economic Alliance: Your resource for facilitating economic and community development in York County.
- Downtown Renaissance Fund: Established by a group of organizations for the purpose of aiding in the continuing revitalization of downtown York by providing equity capital to projects of a similar goal. The goals center around providing a standard of housing opportunities and other services that will be attractive to individuals and families having a range of incomes. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies: Once you’ve found your space, made your renovations and have opened your doors for business – Downtown Inc will coordinate a ribbon cutting ceremony for you to officially welcome you to downtown York.
- Social Media: 10,000+ Facebook fans; 2,000+ e-news recipients; and 3,000+ followers on Twitter – we can get your message out quickly and efficiently to a large audience of downtown York devotees.
- Downtown York Magazine: A tri-annual publication that promotes everything downtown York has to offer. Make sure you’re listed (for free!), or really get noticed by placing an ad. Contact email@example.com to request Destination Guides or for more information regarding placing an ad.
- Events: First Fridays, walking tours, annual festivals and more – we’re working to bring more people downtown and right into your business.
- Cooperative Advertising Opportunities: Downtown Inc subsidizes advertising packages so you can get lower rates and still get exposure.
- Competitive First Friday Grant Funding: For merchants who wish to participate in First Friday, up to $1000 per month. Funds may be used for activities, entertainment, refreshments, promotional giveaways, or other items that would enhance the overall First Friday experience for downtown visitors.
- Educational Workshops: Downtown Inc provides educational workshops free of charge for small businesses located in York's Business Improvement District.
- Retail and Office Safety Tips: Crime prevention involves everyone. This document outlines specific steps for you to take in keeping your business and employees safe.
- Warning Signs: Because we are so close to our business, sometimes it's hard to see a problem developing. This document outlines some situations that some business owners may overlook, and where you can turn for assistance with these issues.
- Business Emergency Phone Contact Form: Complete this form and return it to the County of York's Department of Emergency Services so that in the event of an emergency, the proper officials will be able to contact you.
Natalie Williams is your downtown Small Business Liaison. She’s here to help you make your business in downtown York a reality. Contact her today at 717-916-0745.