Our Work: Urban Landscape
Mission: To improve the cleanliness, attractiveness, and walkability of downtown York’s landscape and properties.
A cared-for place is one that draws people in and makes them feel both energized and at home. We are working towards this goal by taking on projects such as creating efficient way-finding, parking, and transit for all modes of transportation; addressing beautification, infrastructure, gateways, walkability, public spaces, and the physical environment.
2016 by the numbers:
- Completed the 1.1-mile reconstruction of the Heritage Rail Trail from York College to Lafayette Plaza, which included the installation of 90 new LED lights.
- Supported the City of York in securing a $473,000 grant from PA DCNR to resolve all funding needs for the 3,200 foot extension of the Heritage Rail Trail from Philadelphia St. to the Armory building on North George St.
- Worked with the York County Community Foundation and local artists to install 3 pieces of public art on the unit block of West Market St.
- Secured $5,000 towards the rehabilitation existing downtown public art
- Supported the City of York in completing a planning process with 6 local partners, which yielded conceptual plans to develop a dynamic green space along the Codorus Creek and Heritage Rail Trail.
- Continued our partnership with the York County Solid Waste Authority in support of our seasonal Clean-Up Crew who collected over 14 TONS of trash from the streets and sidewalks of our downtown.